What is JPEG error “Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document”?
This is an error that is associated with JPEG file which you are trying to open. This is one of the file format issue of JPEG file i.e. whenever extension to such file don’t match with original one or whenever you try to open a JPEG/jpg file using a platform or program other than one on which you have created with. Mostly you will see the preview but could not accessed through because of missing header. This is the case of lost layer when appearance of the JPEG file is maintained. This is as same as other some JPEG error like as below:
- Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document.
- Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found.
- Could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.
- This is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF) document. It cannot be opened.
Cause behind such JPEG error message
Before going further you should determine the cause of such errors like as below:
- Make sure that such error comes with other files too which are in the same location
- Be sure about the creation and modification date and time, if they are same
- Make sure that you haven’t made any change last time after the creation of victim JPEG/jpg files
- If the victim JPEG file is displaying same error message while you are trying to view or edit with a viewer/editor program which are other than Photoshop
If the above determination is negative then following will be probable cause:
- Unmatched or unknown extension is added to the JPEG files
- File is damaged/corrupt or effected due to Crash during saving file, Sudden power outage, damaged cable, Network transmission issue, Software bugs and malfunctioning of Hard Disk or RAM modules.
- JPEG file’s header corruption or missing and etc.
How does the JPEG error “Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document” is recovered/repaired?
Although maximum invalid document error occurs due to renaming of document’s extension but most of them are not having the same renaming problem. Photoshop supports .PSD and .jpg or .jpeg extension and many more but whenever any of the above cause sported then errors like ”Could not complete your request because it is not a valid Photoshop document” occurs. You can get rid of such error manually but those manual processes contain the chance of permanent data loss. So, you are suggested to use JPEG recovery/repair software like Stellar Phoenix that will automatically resolve your all issues and restore you JPEG files in original format as before.
- Try to open your victim JPEG file with other image viewer or editor program
- Look for the file extension if it is correct or not
- Check your compatible programs and OS. If you try to open the JPEG file on Mac OS which has been created on Windows or vice-verse, then such error will occur
- Check if you have not renamed the file
- Check if you have not modified the default location
- Try to use your backup image that you had took before
- Try to save the file with other name in different location using Save As option
This is the use of Stellar Phoenix JPEG recovery/repair Software. This is full proof method to this JPEG error which can certainly recover/repair your victim JPEG or jpg files or even other files with PSD/PSB extensions. This is platform independent and easy to process.