PDF is an abbreviation of portable document format. It is a file format use to capture and send electronic documents and files in exact intended format. PDF is used to represent documents in a manner independent of applications, hardware, software and operating system. A PDF file contains complete description of file including pictures, text, fonts and graphics. Whereas JPEG is a file extension for graphics file. This term can be used interchangeably with JPG. JPEG stands for Joint Photographic Expert Group. JPEG is a standard defining how an image is compressed in to a stream of bytes. It also defines how image can be decompressed back. This file format for image is most widely used over the internet for transferring of pictures. It is also used to reduce the size of the image to make it fit in little space.
There can be a number of reasons why you want to export PDF into jpeg format. However, it is sometimes easy to send image to a person rather than PDF, in case, users have problem in opening file. Another reason for converting PDF into jpeg can be that it saves time as images can be downloaded faster than a PDF file. When you have an important presentation to give and clients do not have enough time to download and then open PDF file then it is very useful converting PDF into jpeg. Hence it saves time as well as make it convenient for users to download and read.
Exporting multiple PDF page into JPEG
Users may sometimes have problem while converting a PDF page into JPEG this is so because they do not have adequate information related to conversion. Here, steps are given to convert PDF page into JPEG.
- At first, open Automator present in your Applications folder.
- Select Application options from the list.
- Add the workflow ‘Render PDF pages as Images’ within Automator . This work flow will convert each page to an image.v
- Now set options to ‘Make Sequential’ and put a number after the name of files.
- Last workflow ‘Move Finder Items’ will place these images on the desktop.
- Save the work flow as an application.
- Drag and drop PDF page onto application which will automatically convert PDF into images.